Sunday, June 9, 2013

Peter Pan Collar - Crochet

My little sister is really into lace collars right now, so I decided to make her one. This is what it looks like:

I used the video tutorial by Yolanda Soto Lopez on Youtube. I asked my siter if she wanted that last row in black too, to frame it and she said that if anything, she'd prefer a border in really pale pink if I had any. I told her that I didn't have any pale pink.
This morning however I went to my stash-stroller to pick up another ball of white and found some really pale pink. I was nearly finished with the last row back then, so I decided to add one more row.
My sister said she liked the fact that my collar turned out pointier than Yolanda's so I decided to accentuate that.
The picture might not be well enough lit for you to see exactly what I did, so I'm gonna explain it.
I basicaly single-crocheted around with the pink, and added picot-stitches. I made one picot-stitch on top of every double-crochet post and one in each V-space (2sc, Ch3, 2sc).
Once this was done, I thought that a little bow could perfect this. I took the black wool again to make one and attached it to the button. (In a way to make interchanging possible).
The bow is very simple to make: It's made around a magic circle. Starting from that circle you have to make a ch5, 3dc into the circle, ch5, slip-stitch into the circle. And do the same thing a second time. Then you finish off and when you pull on the string (the one from the beginning, not the one you just cut off) the hole closes and you have a bow.
This way you can slip it over the button and embellish the collar. I made another two bows int white and pink so that she can choose according to her mood:
My sister even agreed to model the collar for you!
She also put one of the bows into her hair, as you can see, by attaching it to a hair-clip.
Here's a close-up on the collar one last time before this post is finished!
I hope you like this little accessory! Feel free to send me pictures if you make one too! You can send them to me via Twitter @ChibiHako!

No comments:

Post a Comment